AZULUNA ECOLODGE A MODEL OF SOCIO-ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT…. A MODEL OF SOCIAL JUSTICE
Who have said that is not possible to work with Social Justice??….
Azuluna Ecolodge is an example because it is not only looking for the economical profits but the social and environmental, too.
Yes, Azuluna Ecolodge is a private company so has to get profits as any other business, but what makes the difference?…
ITS ECONOMICAL MANAGEMENT combines criteria of social and supportive economy:
- Azuluna Ecolodge is supporting the development of the local economy through the practice of “fair trade” through the purchase of:
- Organic coffee served in our restaurant as planted and processed by “Agroartesanal Association of Coffee Producers Intag River-Imbabura Province”;
- The marketing of the artesan crafts sold in our Reception desk boutique as created by the Association of Families in Rocafuerte-Manabi Province;
- The purchase of biodegradable cleaning products used throughout this Eco-Lodge as made and supplied by a micro family business from Manta-Manabi Province;
- Among others.
- In addition, about 10% of your accommodation costs at Azuluna Ecolodge are used to support different development projects in nearby Las Tunas Village in particular, sharing efforts with the Fundación Reto Internacional; two classrooms, a daycare, a retaining wall have been built for different local schools, 6 teenagers are supported with educational scholarships, among other local social projects.
ITS ENVIRONMENTAL CRITERION… Azuluna Ecolodge has built its cabins built with ecologically sustainable materials, such as: wood, bamboo and cade (tagua palm leaf); waste management practices of reducing, reusing, recycling and composting.
Azuluna Ecolodge is an example of socio-environmental management, its beautiful natural construction blossoms more when it is evident those little big details in its decoration and good taste; inside the cabins there are hand painted murals which go in harmony with the interior decoration and the natural environment; in addition, each cabin has a gorgeous view of the ocean and the Ahorcado island.
This harmony, color, tranquility, and feeling of happiness that Azuluna Ecolodge inspires, it is evident in the whole staff, which does its work with lots of care, dedication, professionalism, high quality and excellent cordiality.
How is this possible in just one place?…., it is possible when a part of being environmentally friendly, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND JUSTICE ARE ACCOMPLISHED AS WELL; the Azuluna Ecolodge staff is well treated, the 10% service tax goes divided equally for every employee; they receive fair salaries; they are not seen as inferiors or neither out of the proposal; bonuses have been created regarding the staff empowerment.
AZULUNA ECOLODGE SEEKS TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT LOCAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN
ALL ITS PRACTICES!
THERE ARE STILL SOME HIDDEN PARADISES FOR DISCOVERING….ONE OF THEM, FOR SURE IS…. ¡AZULUNA ECOLODGE…. PARADISE IN THE SOUTH OF MANABI – ECUADOR!.